Friday, October 3, 2014

Old Door=New Table

Have you guys seen the cool stuff made out of old doors?

I am a huge fan of these!  A couple weeks ago, I got an old door off of our local buy/sell/trade site.

After much thinking (and searching pinterest) I decided to go with the coffee table idea.

First I had to cut the door down into 3 pieces.  I did this using a Skil Saw.  1 piece for the top, & 2 for the sides.

Then I used my Kreg K4MS Jig Master System to secure all the pieces together.  



I added some pine to the bottom for support,(Left Picture) and because I like the way it looks. :)
I secured it with my brad nailer, and stained it up!


I painted this several different colors of chalk paint, and just kept sanding until I got the finish I liked.

I added the original hinges back on, but left the handle hardware off.



I love, love, love it!  If you come across an old door, do something with it!  This is just one idea.  
You can teach an old door new tricks!









No comments:

Post a Comment