Monday, May 12, 2014

Another Diy Toddler Hair Tutorial






 Here's my latest style that I did on little miss, my 2 yr old.  Quite fancy huh?


 It's much simpler than it looks.  I used 4 small bobby pins, and 2 elastic hair ties.


Start by taking a small section at the top of the head as if you were going to pull some of the hair away from the face.  This is where you make the "bump".  Twist the pulled hair once or twice, push it foward, and pin it with a bobby pin like so:

I had to put 2 pins in her hair to hold it because her hair is a little fine.  
Next divide the remaining hair into 3 sections.  One larger in the middle, and 2 small ones on each side.  Take the middle section and put in an elastic low on the head.  Only pull it half way through the last time like this:


Put another elastic around the whole thing to help hold it in place.

Put your finger thru the ponytail and pin the bun down to the back of the head where your finger is.  

Next, twist each of the other two pieces and pin them just above the pony-bun.  Then wrap the remainder of the hair around the bottom of the bun, to hide the elastic.
Twist and pin.  Wrap and Pin....


That's it.  If you need to you can stick a couple of extra bobby pins in here and there just to be safe.  I also sprayed my daughters hair with a light hairspray to help it hold.  




After our meeting this morning, she played with this hair all day and I ended up having to take it out before she went to bed.  So it held up pretty well I'd say. :)

What kind of fancy toddler Up-Do's do you guys like?



No comments:

Post a Comment