Friday, May 16, 2014

Vegan Cinnamon-Vanilla Latte





Who out there loves a good cup of joe?  I know I do.  But recently, I have cut down on my coffee budget, and my calories.  So my dilemma now, is coming up with great coffee at home.
Today I made this beauty:


Here's what you'll need:
3/4 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Shot Espresso or 1/4 Cup Very Strong Coffee

I have an espresso maker, so I make my coffee's with this:

                                                               

This one is a little spendy. My husband bought it for me last year on our anniversary  However, you can get one as inexpensive as this:


                                                               

I figure for the price I pay for a latte at our local espresso depot everyday, this one would pay for itself in about 2 weeks.  
Start by either steaming your milk with your espresso machine, or heat your milk on the stove just until hot.  It's important that you do not overheat, otherwise it'll be burnt.
Brew your Espresso or strong coffee, and pour in your mug.
Add milk and Cinnamon.
 Vwalla!

For any who are skeptical about using Almond Milk, I completely understand.  I was in that boat!  I didn't like the flavor and I never thought it could replace my morning Breve.  But, the Vanilla flavored and the Coconut- Almond are both great to use in coffee and cereal. They are both super low in calories too. The Vanilla has a whopping 90 Calories and the Coconut-Almond as low as 45.  So I'll take the swap.

It's a delicious cup of joe, that wont break the buttons on your pants, or your pocket book.

What's your morning retreat?


No comments:

Post a Comment