Friday, May 30, 2014

PB & Chocolate Playdough








Over the long weekend, my kids were home going stir crazy...
So I decided to make them play dough.  Here's the thing, I searched for a good recipe that my kids could play with and then eat afterwards.  Most of them called for dry milk.  Not only did I not have dry milk, but I found out it's pretty spendy.  So I modified my own recipe using what I already had in my cupboard.

Here's what I had that I thought I could make work: Cake Mix, Peanut butter, and Honey.  



So I tried it and it worked!  Here's the recipe:

All you do is melt the peanut butter & honey.  Then add the cake mix.  I let my cool down before I gave it to the kiddos.  After being left out for a few hours it did dry out and start to crumble so I put it all back in the container, added about a tsp of water and it shaped right back up.  It didn't last for a 3rd time around.  The kids demolished it and by demolished I mean ATE.


I love that it took only about 5 minutes to make and kept the kids busy for the rest of the afternoon.


What kind of play dough have you tried making?




No comments:

Post a Comment