Thursday, June 5, 2014

Avocado Pesto Sauce




Here's what I made the hubby and I had for dinner:



It was yummy! :)  The spicy kick in this pesto sauce is awesome!  If you like extra spicy, I recommend adding some cayenne pepper to the mix. 
Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
1 ripe avocado
1/2 small yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon- juiced
2-3 tbs olive or coconut oil
1 fresh jalapeno - seeded
2 tbs basil
Pinch of Sea-Salt
1/8 cup nuts (pine-nuts, pistachios, pecans, or walnuts)
1 small can white beans
Sun-dried tomatoes

Mix all ingredients except nuts, beans, and tomatoes in food processor or salsa maker.  Add beans, nuts, and tomatoes and mix by hand.  Serve cold over pasta or zucchini.  ENJOY!

I made my "Pasta" out of zucchini, but this would be amazing over any type of pasta. 
 I hope you enjoy it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment