Tuesday, August 12, 2014

3 Ingredient Cowboy Cobbler

 

This is a favorite in my house...  A delicious cobber made with only 3 ingredients.  Oh, and no butter!
This recipe was given to me a long time ago by my mother-in-law.
She showed me how to do this in a dutch oven, but I have been doing it in the regular oven, and it always turns out.
Start with the fruit of your choice.  I usually use blackberries. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned.
Add one box of cake mix over the fruit.  This can be yellow or white, any variety.  This time, I used white vanilla flavored, and it was lovely.  Do not mix. Just lay the fruit on the bottom, and then the cake mix over the top.
Next pour an entire can of lemon-lime soda or squirt evenly over the top.  
Cook it at 400 for about 40 minutes.
It should be golden brown and crispy around the edges.


Here is the recipe:





Easy as... Cobbler!  After you layer your 3 ingredients, GENTLY stir the fizzy soda in with the cake mix.  Don't try to mix it.  Just help it along a little. :)


Golden brown fresh out of the oven. :)  You can serve it with ice cream or whipped cream.






This is my go-to dessert. Everyone always loves it, and it takes absolutely no time at all.
Try it tonight!


What's the go-to dessert at your house?



No comments:

Post a Comment