Friday, August 8, 2014

5 Minute Chicken Tacos






If you're a mom like me, then you have a busy schedule.  I know all you Mary Poppins types out there probably have your meals planned days in advance and are making things like homemade noodles and such, but I have little time left at the end of every day.  

That's why I like to remember recipes like this one that are quick, easy, and delicious!

In a rush like usual, I made my family these 5 minute tacos.  I'm telling you these actually take just 5 minutes of your time!

Here's what you will need:

1 Rotisserie Chicken 
You can find these pre-cooked chickens at any grocery store.  If you can't find one, you can also use canned chicken or any type of pre-cooked chicken.  If you prefer to do the chicken from scratch, then it will add time to these 5 minute miracles!
1 Cup Salsa
1 8oz Package Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Water
1 Package Taco Seasoning
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Corn
Tortillas
Veggies

In a large skillet. combine salsa, taco seasoning, and cream cheese.  Heat over low until cream cheese is mostly melted.  Add water, beans, corn, and cooked chicken.  Simmer until hot and bubbly.  Don't overheat.


I used a homemade salsa made by my father-in-law, but any salsa will do.

After the filling is heated, remove from heat.  Serve on warm tortillas with veggies of your choice. :)






That's it. These are adult pleasing and kid friendly.  They take no time at all, and are delicious!

I stuck to the basics and just used shredded lettuce and cheese to save me time on cutting up veggies.  I was in a big hurry!  
These were good.  The hubby went back 3 times!

What kind of recipes save your life on a night like mine?



No comments:

Post a Comment